Facilities Assistant (Maintenance) – Part Time
The Chemical Heritage Foundation has a current opening for a part-time (20 hours per week) Facilities Assistant. The part-time Facilities Assistant will provide CHF with cleaning services and routine facilities-related assistance. The Facilities Assistant will be responsible for performing full cleaning services for restrooms and common areas to include operating cleaning equipment to scrub/buff floors. The Facilities Assistant will also be responsible for routine plumbing tasks, re-lamping light fixtures and maintaining clean exterior areas of the building. The hours of this position are as follows: Typically, Saturday and Sunday 1:00 p.m. to 6:00 p.m., with an additional 10 hours during the week.
The ideal candidate will possess the following qualifications:
- Previous experience working in facilities management/cleaning services industry is preferred.
- Must have experience using a 20” high speed buffing machine and 15” floor machine.
- Must be able to lift and carry 50 lbs; climb, balance and stoop, kneel and crouch.
- Must also be able to climb ladders.
- Ability to work independently and successfully meet multiple on-going deadlines.
- Must demonstrate high level of customer service skills.
- Must possess excellent communication skills.
- Demonstrated proficiency using Microsoft Outlook (e-mail) and Microsoft Word.
- Must have flexible schedule.
To be considered for this position, please send cover letter with salary expectations and resume to: