“Advanced Materials: Stories of Innovation” Symposium Video by Discover Magazine
June 4, 2012 - Philadelphia, PA
In February 2012 the Chemical Heritage Foundation (CHF) and DISCOVER magazine presented “Advanced Materials: Stories of Innovation,” a symposium exploring the role of materials in the evolution of technology and how materials innovations can continue to provide solutions to vexing societal problems. Ivan Amato, author of Stuff: The Materials the World Is Made Of, led a lively discussion with six industry experts about what drives and nurtures materials innovation today, and how these cutting-edge materials are woven into the fabric of our daily lives.
See the transcript of the conversation here.
The six panelists are
• Thomas M. Connelly, Jr., Executive Vice President and Chief Innovation Officer, DuPont
• Ryan Dirkx,Vice President, Research and Development, Arkema Inc.
• Mark Doriski, Global Intermediates Technology Manager, ExxonMobil Chemical Company
• Gregory Nelson, Senior Vice President and Chief Technology Officer, Eastman Chemical Company
• Christopher D. Pappas, President and CEO, Styron
• A. N. Sreeram, Vice President, Research and Development, Advanced Materials Division, The Dow Chemical Company
Link to Discover Magazine