Plan Your Visit
Chemical Heritage Foundation
315 Chestnut Street
Philadelphia, PA 19106-2702
Tel: 215.925.2222 • Fax: 215.925.1954
Public Tours of the Museum at CHF
10:00 a.m.–5:00 p.m. Monday–Friday
10:00 a.m.–8:00 p.m. First Friday of the month, March through December
Use of the Othmer Library
10:00 a.m.–4:00 p.m. Monday–Friday
- Researchers are asked to contact staff to make an appointment in advance of a visit to the library. Please fill out an appointment request form or call 215.873.8205. A photo ID is required upon arrival.
When planning your visit to the museum or library of the Chemical Heritage Foundation, please note that CHF will be closed on the following holidays:
- New Year’s Day
- Martin Luther King Day (library closed, museum open)
- Presidents’ Day (library closed, museum open)
- Memorial Day
- Independence Day (library closed, museum open)
- Labor Day
- Thanksgiving Day and the day after
- Christmas Eve and Christmas Day
A wheelchair-accessible pedestrian gate is available at our parking lot entrance on 3rd Street, between Chestnut and Market streets. The pedestrian gate is unlocked during regular business hours and for events. If you’re traveling by car, drive up to the parking lot gate, which will open automatically during regular business hours and events. You may park in any open spot marked “Visitor” or in one of two handicapped spots. To enter the building, call our receptionist via the intercom at the East Entrance for Visitors and Staff.
Located along Independence National Historical Park in Philadelphia's Old City, CHF is within easy reach of Interstates 95 and 76, Philadelphia’s 30th Street Station, and the Philadelphia International Airport.
CHF is situated within walking distance of several hotels. CHF visitors may be eligible for hotel discounts (subject to availability).