An engraving of John Smeaton (1724–1792) seated with his right hand tucked in his vest. In the left background is a lighthouse.
From an original Picture ascribed to Mortimer in the possession of the Royal Society
Help us preserve and share the history of chemistry and related sciences. Make a tax-deductible donation online.
“The Harvard” Gas and Oil Can
©2010 Chemical Heritage Foundation