A statue that is a reproduction modeled after the original, which was sculpted by
A. W. Williamson in 1874. The original statue, in Birmingham, U.K., was erected to mark the 100th anniversary of Priestley's discovery of dephlogisticated air (oxygen).
Listen to the latest episodes of CHF’s award-winning podcast.
Help us preserve and share the history of chemistry and related sciences. Make a tax-deductible donation online.
London Club membership card
©2010 Chemical Heritage Foundation