‹ Back to Collection
W. G. Pye Integrating Amplifier
- ca. 1958–1962
Manufactured by W. G. Pye
Made in Cambridge, UK
- 8.375 in. H x 10.5 in. W x 13 in. D
Metal, stainless steel, plastic
- Not on display
- Gift of the Bodenseewerk Perkin-Elmer Museum of Instrumental Analysis, Überlingen, Germany
- Bodensee Collection
This component integrates and increases the signals from the Pye Argon Chromatograph.
A chromatograph separates the chemical components of a mixture. The substance moves through a column in either liquid or gas phase, and the components are separated by their affinity within the column. Gas-Absorption Chromatography was developed in the late 1940s, and by the mid-1960s commercial gas chromatographs dominated all forms of chromatography.